সোমবার, ১৬ নভেম্বর, ২০১৫

Fit Fix: As Holly Holm Basks in Her Win, Ronda Rousey Promises "I'll Be Back"

"I'll Be Back"
As Holly Holm basks in her win, Ronda Rousey vows to return.

Morning, gents. Here's the latest in cool stuff from around the internet on this Monday, November 16, 2015:

First Things First:

 

 

In Case You Missed It: Holly Holm won in a (literally) stunning upset, knocking out previously unbeaten Ronda Rousey with a powerhouse left kick to claim the UFC bantamweight belt in Australia on Sunday. [Men's Fitness]

"Victory is Priceless": If the upset win was a surprise to most MMA fans, it wasn't all that shocking to Holm. "Some of these girls put [Rousey] so high up on a pedestal that they're not remembering they're in there for a reason," the new undefeated champion told Rolling Stone after the fight. "I'm in there for a reason—because I have the capability and the ability to win." [Rolling Stone]

And She's Ready for More: Less than 48 hours after her title win, Holm is already looking forward to her next opportunity to fight—this time as the defending champion. "My mental game is the best when I just take the opportunity when it comes, so whatever opportunity they give me is what I’ll want to take," she told the Los Angeles Times from Melbourne.

"I'll Be Back": "I'm going to take a little bit of time, but I'll be back," Rousey wrote in an Instagram post after the fight. Rousey had been sent to the hospital out of caution after her second-round knockout. She received stitches for a cut lip and received a CT scan that came back negative.

 

 

A photo posted by rondarousey (@rondarousey) on

 

Sign Him Up for the Olympic Trials: In a move straight out of Madden, St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley hurdled over Chicago Bears safety Antrel Rolle on a catch-and-run Sunday night.

 

 

Down Goes Peyton: Broncos QB Peyton Manning has a has a partially torn plantar fascia in his right foot, ESPN reported Monday, citing league sources. [ESPN]










কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন